The following measures have been adopted in consultation with experts and with consideration of public health guidance at the city, state and national levels. Please remember that we are still in a dynamic COVID-19 environment. These required protocols may change as the public health situation evolves.
- Semi-Curbside service will remain available indefinitely.
- Medication, food pick-up, and non-clinical services will remain curbside to reduce the risk of exposure from multiple clients waiting for service at the front desk at the same time.
- We ask that if you have been exposed to an individual who has tested positive within the last week (whether you have symptoms or not) or if you have any Covid related symptoms currently (sneezing, upper respiratory congestion, head cold, fever, or coughing) or within the past 5 days, that you notify us and reschedule your appointment.
- • Sibley Animal Hospital recommends that individuals wear a mask in indoor settings when others are present- especially in the exam rooms.
- Due to the size of our exam rooms and continued effort to reduce risk of exposure to our staff, we will limit the number of clients in the rooms to one/pet with few exceptions and we will continue to limit the number of individuals in the reception area. For euthanasia we will make special consideration.
- While the decision to mask is your own, we ask that you carefully consider this extra precaution in shared indoor settings as part of our efforts to help prevent further increases in cases and risks of exposure to our staff. Sibley is maintaining its own masking policies to reduce the risk to staff.
- Our continued ability to help you and your pets is as important to us as being able to help all the other clients and their pets. Thank you for your cooperation.
APRIL 1, 2023